Monday, May 7, 2012

Thanks, SCBWI and everybody!

from Lisa Lutz's HOW TO NEGOTIATE EVERYTHING
2012 has already proven to be a very interesting year. I'd like to take a moment to express some whopping wads of gratitude:

I am very thankful for my friends
I am very thankful for my super agent (and a friend), Stephen Barr
I am very thankful for Lisa Lutz and Simon & Schuster BFYR and my first ever picture book with them coming out next year
I am very thankful for coffee
I am very thankful for SCBWI. The 21st Annual SCBWI WWA conference is nearly put to bed and I loved every faculty member, volunteer, attendee, valet and audio/visual technician involved with making it a great conference
I am thankful for raspberries, be they the noun kind or the verb kind
I am thankful for baby wombats*
I am thankful for dinners consisting entirely of candy*
Also from Lisa Lutz's HOW TO NEGOTIATE EVERYTHING
*These items brought to you by Lisa Lutz, read THE SPELLMAN FILES, already. Lisa was just in the NYT magazine, too.

2 comments:

Erik Brooks said...

Super congrats on the picture book deal Jaime! And -- amazingly slow on the current events uptake myself -- having the Semaphore People published in The Goods is also too sweet. Cheers!

Kirby Larson said...

And a whole bunch of us are very thankful for you!